Milly and Olly Recipe – Saltimbocca with Prosciutto and Sage
October 24, 2012 § 4 Comments
Saltimbocca with Prosciutto and Sage for 3 People
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 slices of finely cut turkey slices skinned and boneless (I asked my butcher to cut them for me, but you can do it yourself you will have a portion for 4)
- 3 slices of Prosciutto crudo
- 3 leaves of Sage
- 2 table spoons of flour
- 2 table spoons of Olive Oil
- 1 table spoon of Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Some lemon slices to Garnish
- Start by placing the Turkey slices between two layers of cling film, take a rolling pin and delicately pass it over them. Add some salt and pepper as you prefer.
- Once the slices are nice and thin place one slice of Prosciutto per Turkey escalope. And then the one leaf of Sage per slice over the Prosciutto, trap the whole layering with a tooth pick.
- In a wide plate mix in the Flour + the Salt & Pepper. Add the slices of meat to mix and make sure both sides are covered.
- Start heating the first the olive oil and then the butter to a pan.
- Once it starts sizzling up add the slices in, first place the slices head down (meaning the part with the prosciutto and sage against the pan). Cook for 1 minute and a half.
- Turn around the slice and start frying it on the opposite side for 30 secons/1 minute.
- Serve hot and Garnish with Lemon
ALL THE INGREDIENTS :
Making sure the slices are nice and thin with the rolling pin
Adding the Prosciutto slice to the Turkey
And then the Sage (make sure you secure with a tooth pic, I didn’t have any)
Mixing up the Flour, Salt and Pepper
Placing the Turkey over the flour mix on one side
And then the other:
Repeat with the other slices:
Adding the two spoons of Olive Oil and the one spoon of Butter
Once its like this:
Add the slices in 1 by one. Remember face down!
Once the 1 minute and a half has passed you can turn them around to cook on the other side
wait 30 seconds/1 minute:
Take them out of the pan
ENJOY your Sublimely tasting Salimbocca I promise you people will be asking for more!
If your a meatEater you will also like our Roast Beef Recipe click here to read about it!