Milly & Olly – Roast Beef Recipe
February 11, 2012 § 7 Comments
Roast beef is one of my favorite meals, not only it tastes delicious but its pretty easy to make. Perfect for dinner Parties, will leave all of the guests satisfied!
For the Roast Beef YOU WILL NEED: 700 gr of Beef – 2/3 garlic cloves – a pinch of white pepper – a branch of rosemary – a spoon of salt – a glass of white wine – 15 gr of butter – 4 table spoons of olive oil
1) Take the meat out of the fridge, sprinkle it with the white pepper and the salt, place the rosemary and the peeled garlic cloves – Leave to rest for 30 mins ( turn halfway through to marinate also the other side)
2) Place into pan and add the olive oil, at medium heat cook for 10 mins, (turn halfway to cook other side too)
3) It should look like this:
5) Get ready to pour the Glass of white wine over the meat
6) Once you have poured the wine over the meat, leave it for 20 mins to simmer so it will absorb the white wine, (it might take longer if your meat is thicker) – throughout turn the meat around a couple of times – cover the pan when leaving to simmer.
7) After having cooked for the 20 mins, remove meat from the pan, and cut 1cm thick slices (held if you have a meat slicer, but its also doable manually) – Leave the remaining wine mixed with meat into the pan
FOR THE SAUCE:
Finishing touches: adding the sauce to the platter and the side vegetables
The Finished result
– we added Potatoes and Zucchinis as a side dish – It was truly delicious