Milly & Olly: Focaccia recipe
January 22, 2012 § 2 Comments
So while I was doing some extreme skiing today on the Horneggli, Milly decided to make some focaccia for tonight’s dinner party! Perfect to serve as an aperitif before dinner:
YOU WILL NEED: 500gr of white flour – 10 gr of yeast – 2 tbs of warm water – 3 tbs of fizzy water – pinch of sugar – sparkling water
1) Put approximately 500gr of white flour in a large bowl.
2) In a coffee cup put 10 gr yeast and melt it with a couple of spoonfuls of warm water and a pinch of sugar.
3) Pour the mix on the flour, then add cold sparkling water a spoonful of olive oil half a coffee spoon of salt.
4) Mix thoroughly the flour add water if it’s too dry, shape into a ball and carve a cross with a knife on the top of the ball of flour mix and cover it up with a wet cloth leaving it to rest in a warm place close to a radiator for at least 3 hours.
5) Once the dough will have risen to double it’s size turn the oven on at 220 degrees and stretch the dough on an oven plate spread with olive oil on the base and with the finger tips creat small craters, spread some more olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt grains.
6) Let it cook for 20 mins. You may sprinkle it with rosemary for extra flavor.
Flour – and the 10 grams of yeast
Yeast in coffee cup melting – sparkling water
My mum’s “pinch of sugar – and the mix
Leave the mix to rest for 3 hours – The mix will automatically grow
The stretched dough on an oven plate spread with olive oil on the base – make small craters with finger tips and add salt and olive oil on top to please
Once cooked for 20 mins cut up in rectangles or squares!
The end result